Monday, January 7, 2013

New Year...

I have not blogged in almost two months. It feels a little strange finally posting something. I could write this post on all the unrealistic New Year's Resolutions I have, but that's just idiotic. But, as a start, I did change the layout and template of my blog :D

With the new year, a lot of things have changed. I will no longer be attending UTSA as a music education major. I will be going to SAC in the spring (hopefully) and then transfer to the University of Incarnate Word (fancy?) to get my bachelor's degree in Music Therapy. It's a major change and I'm kind of nervous...actually really nervous, but super excited.

Music therapy is a beautiful field and you should go look it up :)
It's not that music education isn't important, because it totally is. But, I have such a larger passion for this field than education. It's teaching in a different way. It's changing lives in a much more dynamic way. After meeting a music therapist last January, I became adamant on finding out more information.
UTSA doesn't offer the degree AND I don't want my degree to read UTSA on it. Some people love the school, I'm not one of them.
I have had issues with some aspect ever since I started back in 2008.

I will give more details when they are more solidified.

On to the resolutions and all that jazz:
I've decided to make more realistic resolutions than I normally do. I have a million to-do lists and I feel like it's time to actually finish one!

1. Write in my journal at least once a week.
2. Blog at least 4 times a month (I don't have a million followers, so just to keep it real)
3. Follow an average workout plan for at least 3 days a week. (I don't want to be like, INSANITY, because I'll do it for 5 days and then stop)
4. Say something nice to someone every day.
5. Spend time in God's word every day.
6. Be more Positive. (difficult).

So that's it folks. My resolutions are out there! I also want to continue fulfilling my 1001/101 list. I need to update that too. So, here is to 2013! *Clink*



1 comment: