Thursday, August 30, 2012

September Menu and Facial Stuff

Okay, so I was looking through some recipes to add to my September list of to-dos. My goal is to make four new recipes a month, so I chose a good four and may add to that list later. Don't want to overwhelm myself at the start. This month, I have decided to make the following:


  1. Chicken and Broccoli Noodle Casserole 
  2. Avocado Basil Pasta 
  3. Garlic Parmesan Baked Chicken Breasts
  4. Egg Drop Soup
 I know, Egg Drop Soup is kind of out there, but I really love it. I will go eat Chinese just because I will get the Egg Drop Soup (and add rice and green onions to it). With that being said, I'm really excited to try out these four recipes. I plan on making one a week--so wish me luck. 

While watching Friends tonight, I was looking for some good facial recipes and I have come across three that I would like to try because they seem simple and effective. All of these recommend that you use the mask once a week--they're super easy, so take 30 minutes for yourself once a week!

Easy Facial Mask
  1. One Egg Yolk
  2. 1 Tablespoon of Honey
  3. 1 Tablespoon of Plain Yogurt 
  4. 1/2 teaspoon of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
  • Mix ingredients together
  • Apply to face
  • Let sit for 10 minutes
  • Rinse with warm water
Cinnamon and Nutmeg Facial Mask
  1. 2 Tablespoons of Honey
  2. 1 teaspoon of Cinnamon 
  3. 1 teaspoon of Nutmeg
  • Mix ingredients 
  • Apply to face
  • Let sit for 30 minutes
  • Wash with warm water while lightly scrubbing in circular motions
Gelatin and Milk Facial Mask
I have this on my face right at this very moment. It stanks. I am sure the mask is doing its job...it just smells nasty. This is what your face may look like after applying:



  1. 1 Tablespoon of Unflavored Gelatin 
  2. 2 Tablespoons of Milk (any kind)
  • Mix ingredients together 
  • Microwave for 10 seconds
  • Stir
  • Apply Immediately (clumps quickly)
  • Let dry for 15 (or longer) minutes--You'll know when it's ready because you can't move anything on your face!
  • Start peeling it off--very gross
Okay...so, I just ripped all of my skin off taking this mask off. Yes, my face feels as smooth as a baby's bottom, blah blah. But, if you have any type of hair caught in the mix...goodbye hair (especially if you get it on your eyebrow. Thank God warm water helps get it all off.  It's like getting a face wax--I should have just ripped it off quickly, but I did not. I put moisturizer on my face and it is all tingly. Yes, my face feels nice, but, I don't know if I'll be doing this again. This is the after photo:

This is a very sad and pathetic ouch face after I ripped off my entire top layer of skin. So the benefit is that you will have smooth skin. The con is that your face will hurt like hell afterwards. 

No comments:

Post a Comment