Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Cinnamon and Nutmeg Facial Mask


I made a friend of mine laugh the other day, showing her my previous post where I did that dumbest gelatin/milk facial ever created. My facial expressions were extremely entertaining apparently. So, I realized I needed to do a facial for the month of September and I decided to use the second simplest recipe--cinnamon and nutmeg. It has three ingredients and won't rip every layer of skin off of my face. Good deal. 

Cinnamon and Nutmeg Facial Mask
  1. 2 Tablespoons of Honey
  2. 1 teaspoon of Cinnamon 
  3. 1 teaspoon of Nutmeg
  • Mix ingredients 
  • Apply to face
  • Let sit for 30 minutes
  • Wash with warm water while lightly scrubbing in circular motions
  • ****This will make a milk chocolate colored mask, so beware for the dark brown on your face!

It doesn't take long to make and it is super easy to apply. This facial mask is for oily skin and is an exfoliating genius--you can feel that grainy texture as you're applying. A big plus is that it smells delicious! You do have to let it sit for 30 minutes, but that's alright. 

I'm doing this facial at 12:15 AM because I don't want to scare my mother with this brown mask on my face...but I'm sharing it with the internet so I guess the time doesn't really matter! This is clearly not a way to score a date. 
I'm trying to make you laugh in these next photos, so let loose, laugh. 




About halfway through it "sitting," part of it started dripping so I really felt like Robin Williams in Mrs. Doubtfire, haha. But the good thing is, although I wouldn't want this as a dessert or anything, it is edible. It doesn't harden on your face, so it's easy to wash off. I vote yes for doing this one again! 

Okay, so it's been thirty minutes and I washed off my mask successfully! It did "burn" a little bit because I was exfoliating my skin, but it came off very easily and then I put some moisturizer on and BAM! This facial was much more successful than the skin ripper last month. This is a face of a happy girl!





2 comments: