Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Chipper

As most of you know, I am not a chipper person, nor have I really ever been. But, over the last week or so, something has changed. I have a spring in my step and a reason to smile.
I had been feeling pretty crappy about myself lately and feeling like I wasn't really doing anything worthy of praise-one of those weird moments that we all have.

I was also looking through older pictures and found some of me a few years back, when I was incredibly thin and fit and looked great. As you know, I'm not that girl anymore, haha. But, after reading this post, I realized that although I have some changes I need to make in myself in order to be healthier and feel better about myself, no one has the right to tell me I'm not good enough. Whether someone is saying I'm too fat or too thin, they don't have that right.

When I was thinner, weighing in at 118 pounds, I felt awesome! There is no denying that feeling of accomplishment when you get to your goal weight or even just getting in shape. I will never forget that feeling-it's actually what fuels me to get off my tush now and change some things. I went from being "heavy" (which today, I would rather be at the weight I was when I was "heavy") to too thin, according to my grandma. It's never good enough to the world or to society what you look like. If you're thin, your hair is wrong. If you're curvy or heavy, you're not thin enough. When is this battle ever going to stop? I say NOW.

I'm in the process of getting healthier for myself, not for anyone else. Yes, it will feel grand to fit into those smaller sized pants that I used to wear, but there is nothing wrong with the size I wear now. I'm not happy with where I am personally, but it's not to say that I'm not a grand person or have a successful life. Everyone is completely different. I have awesome thin friends and awesome heavy friends. Every body is different. Don't make someone else feel less about themselves because you don't want the same treatment. Encourage your friends and let them encourage you.

Don't let people make you feel ugly. Because, no matter what your weight is, you're beautiful. Period. 
As an incredibly negative person myself, I had to really read that last sentence before it sank in. I'm really great at making fun of or dissing myself. I haven't really noticed it as much until someone recently pointed that out to me. Confidence is one of the greatest traits to have. I think as women, we really need to work on that. Even if we need to lose or gain some pounds, be comfortable in your skin. It's your body, love it for what it is.
Also, if you are trying to lose or gain weight, go for it. Don't tell yourself you can't! You can do whatever you put your mind to. Fear is the biggest thing that stops us from doing what we wish.
There are some other reasons I've been chipper this week, but reading Brooke's post made me feel a little better. I've started working out again and I'm pleased. I have noticed that I'm less irritable and I have more energy.

One more thing! If you're feeling down or just need a pick-me-up, try St. John's Wort. I love this stuff. It's a natural mood enhancer. It also helps with muscle aches (oil). But, if you are going to take it, it can throw off the effect of your birth control and antidepressants if you take it on a regular basis. It also comes in a tea form. Try it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment