Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Pro...Wait for it...Crastination!!

So, on Saturday, I decided to finally sit down and do my defensive driving course online so that I could get my certificate in just in time to turn it in :) Yes, I did get a ticket for going 12 miles over the speed limit. I was in a rush and obviously, was not looking around for any police cars...so  I got pulled over--had to drive into the car dealership and was really embarrassed.

Anywho, my plan was to finish defensive driving by Sunday evening. That did not happen. I did a couple of modules and then wanted to watch Law and Order: Special Victims Unit (love me some Olivia and Elliot) and then cleaned a bit. Well...in the midst of cleaning, I went from being in a relationship to not being in one--fantastic. So, like any girl would do, I cried for a good thirty minutes and then started cleaning again. I was planning on going to 4th Sunday (college group at church), but I felt and looked like poop.

My mom got home and gave me some jerky and blueberry yogurt covered pretzels as an "I'm sorry about your hard day" present (she was driving home)...which was from Buc-ee's amazing gas station. I felt like seeing my sister and my nephew so, we ordered some to-go Sushi Zushi and headed over. Little did I know I'd be spending the night with my fantastic sister...without anything to wear or a toothbrush. Sick.

It wasn't all bad though, I watched How I Met Your Mother (HIMYM) all night and had some delicious white wine. Obviously, I did not do any more of my defensive driving.

Today was full of moving all of my stuff out of the apartment, back into my mom's house. I know my mom and I don't always get along, but she's been fantastic in the last couple of days. Needless to say, my garage and living room are full of stuff that needs to be put away. Leaving the apartment today was really bittersweet; I know it needed to be done but I love that apartment--the huge bathroom and decent-ish kitchen. I made some great memories there, I get to keep those :)

I had borrowed my grandma's van to load some stuff that wouldn't fit in my POS Kia, so when I went to go drop it off, I was stuck in a two hour conversation. We talked about anything and everything ranging from Sour Kraut and fried potatoes to how my mom almost didn't get credit for her student council class when she transferred schools back in the 70s (my grandpa tells me that story EVERY time we see each other--bless his heart!). I love old people, I could talk with them all day and be completely satisfied. I think when you become grandparents, something changes in you, especially in men. I have the best grandparents in the world--more on that later.

So, by 9 tonight, my mom and I were starving. I stopped at Burger King and it was just a big disappointment. We cleaned up in the kitchen to declutter. I just did one module of defensive driving...and have three left to do. So, because I have procrastinated, I just had to pay $17 so that as soon as I complete my course (TOMORROW(wish me luck)), I will get it in 2 days, just to be safe.
No matter my plan, I always end up deviating to procrastination. Yum-o.
That was my weekend...I know, it was the hip-hop-happening place to be.

***You'll get my post title after you watch this HIMYM clip. Do it. Now.***
Delightful

No comments:

Post a Comment