Thursday, August 23, 2012

Vinegar Smells so Bad but Cleans so Good!!

Over the past several months, I've entered the world of vinegar.



My sister, Amanda, decided to go all "natural" on me and started making her own cleaning supplies. The first thought that went through my head was that she was crazy and that I was content spending $4 on a bottle of 409.  Little did I know that my big sister would change my very closed minded views on cleaning supplies...using Vinegar as a primary ingredient.

Now...if you've never really smelled vinegar...it smells completely awful. I don't even like to cook with vinegar for that very reason. But, for real, vinegar can clean almost anything. Add baking soda into the mix and you'll be so WOWed by the effect.

With that being said, I will be posting cleaning recipes that include vinegar, as well as other things. I really love lemon/citrus-y cleaning supplies, so I've found the right mix of essential oils to make the vinegar not overpower everything else. I also will post recipes for natural, cost effective household items, including (but not limited to) cleaning supplies, baking and meal recipes as well as beauty products.

I downloaded an app on my phone entitled "Vinegar" (because it was free and I was really bored and curious one night) which lists the most random facts about vinegar.

Random fact #1--Prevent cats from eating your plants by spraying the leaves with a solution of white distilled vinegar and water. Problem solved.

No comments:

Post a Comment