Tuesday, March 26, 2013

The Beauty of Friendship

In my life, I've had a lot of friends, but only a few great friends. Thankfully, these friends are the ones who know my deepest secrets and quirks but still choose to be my friend. I know I can bring anything to them and they'll love me the same.

It's a known fact that I love Jesus. I frequently bring my bible to school and to work so I can study it. Some people poke fun at me and call me a bible thumper, but I've never really been hurt by the ignorant jabs people make about my faith and my love for Christ. I was reading through an old book that DC Talk wrote titles Jesus Freaks. This book reports different real life stories of Christians who have been persecuted for their faith. People have been beaten and killed for their undeniable faith.

Too many Christians forget (including me) the persecution and ridicule Jesus faced to fulfill God's prophecy. Also, I think we don't have a true understanding of what it means to follow Christ. It's hard for us to make time to do a bible study for 30 minutes every day-Jesus calls us His disciples. Disciples dropped everything to follow Christ. I'm sure that they spent more than 30 minutes with Jesus everyday.

I need to make it a daily priority to spend time with God. Hands down. Those are just the thoughts I'd share while waiting in a doctor's office.

By the way, Siri is not open for this conversation!

No comments:

Post a Comment